PSA: You Can Now Book Your Korean Visa Appointment Online
Walk-in visits for visa applications will no longer be allowed starting September 15.
by Ina Louise Manto | September 14, 2022
Even long before the pandemic, South Korea was a favorite travel destination for Pinoys. Whether it’s for K-pop or K-drama pilgrims, shopping, or dining, there are plenty of destinations to visit around the country. There’s no wonder why everyone’s excited to see explore Korea again or visit for the first time. To handle the influx of visa applications, the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the Philippines shared on Facebook that it will launch an online system for scheduling visa appointments on September 14, 2022. Here’s how to apply for a Korean Visa:
When will the system open?
According to the post, Filipinos may begin to access the online system starting at 2 PM on September 14, 2022. For more information regarding the link, keep your eyes peeled on the Korean Embassy’s Facebook page.
Will walk-ins still be allowed?
Now that there is an online system for scheduling visa appointments, walk-ins will no longer be allowed starting September 15, 2022. Only applicants with a confirmed visa appointment made through the online system will be allowed entry to the Embassy.
How to apply for a Korean Visa in 2022
Step 1: Determine which kind of visa you need
The Korean Embassy currently issues various types of visas. You may read about them here, including their qualifications and documentation requirements.
Step 2: Complete the application form and prepare the requirements
Once you’ve identified the type of visa you need, ensure to fill out the application form and prepare all necessary requirements listed on the page, including payment. Here’s an example:
If you’re an employed individual visiting as a tourist, apply for a C-3 (Short Term Visit) Visa. These are its requirements:
- Application Form
- 1 piece of Passport size colored picture
- Original Passport
- Photocopy of Passport Bio-page (page 2)
- Original & Photocopy of valid visa/s and arrival stamps to OECD member countries for the past 5 years (If applicable only)
- Original Certificate of Employment (must include applicant’s position, date hired, compensation, office address, HR landline number(cell-phone number is not allowed), HR e-mail address)
- Original Personal Bank Certificate (must include account type, current balance, account opening date, ADB)
- Bank Statement (original or certified true copy of bank statements/passbook for the last 3 months)
- Photocopy of ITR (Income Tax Return) or Form 2316
- Copy of PRC Card or IBP Card (If applicable only)
- Visa Fee: GRATIS (59 days below stay in Korea) / PHP2,000 (60 to 90 days stay in Korea)
You can also apply for a Korean tourism visa through accredited travel agencies. To see the full list of agencies, visit this page.
Step 3. Schedule your appointment
Schedule your appointment to submit your visa application through the online system. Read the guidelines on scheduling your appointment carefully!
To start the process of scheduling your appointment, you need to prepare the following:
- Passport numbers for individual applicants
- Name of the staff member designated by the Accredited Travel Agency
- Your mobile phone number and email address
You will be then asked to choose a time for your application:
- 08:30 AM for Accredited Travel Agencies and individual applications for Filipino spouses of Korean nationals or family visit
- 9:30 AM for Individual Applicants for tourism visa only
- 10:30 AM for Agencies for POEA or Seasonal Workers and individual applicants for an official conference, business, entertainment, sports, studies, religious visit, foreign diplomat, International organization, etc.
Step 4: Visit the Embassy according to your scheduled appointment
On the date and time of your scheduled appointment, don’t forget to bring the following documents:
- A printed or soft copy of your Reservation Confirmation. You will be able to print this after completing the scheduling process.
- Completed application form
- Required documents
- Identification card and passport
How long does visa processing take?
Once you’ve secured a slot and submitted your requirements, it will take five working days to complete the visa processing application.
Ensure that your visa is approved before booking your flights to Korea.
Looking for other places to explore? Join WindowSeat.ph’s official Facebook community What’s Your Trip PH for more recos!