Things to Do This Month: April 2018
The summer festivities have begun!
by Kyzia Maramara | April 09, 2018
From exhilarating dinners, art events, to concerts upon concerts, April brings a plethora of activities all ages will enjoy. We’re here to help you fill out your calendar! Let’s plan for an epic month, shall we?
Join the large gathering of Filipino Komiks, creators, and komiks enthusiasts for a day of Summer Komikon 2018 at the Bayanihan Center, Unilab Compound in Pasig City on April 14. Meets and greets, film screenings, indie komiks tiangge, and contests await!
Art in the Park, the country’s most significant and affordable art fair will be held at Jaime Velasquez Park in Salcedo Village on April 15. Drop by for a chance to purchase a range of paintings, prints, sculpture, photographs, and new media from a diverse group of artists, exhibitors, galleries, and independent art spaces.
Dine high up in the sky
Belgium-based novelty dining service Dinner in the Sky has finally reached Philippine shores thanks to MMI Live! Filipinos can now experience dining to a 4-course meal 150 ft. up in the air at Solaire Resort and Casino grounds. If you’re up to a new thrill, book your seats now because they’ll only be here until May 21!
Spice up your exercises
Save the Earth while getting in shape with the annual NatGeo Earth Day Run at SM Mall of Asia on April 22. This year, they added the 3K category alongside the original 5K, 10K, and 21K.
Indoor cycling has always been great but with Electric Music Festival by Electric Studio, it’s going to be even better. Book your classes from April 17 to 23 and take part in 22 themed rides cycling to the beat of 42 artists! Electric Studio has three branches: Pasig, Salcedo, and BGC, so take your pick!
Bring out the kid inside you with Runflatable and it’s opening on April 28 at Circuit Makati! Spend hours running through bouncy inflatables, a fun alternative to the gym for a day.
How about some early summer shopping?
Shop this weekend at Manila Sundance Summer Flair from April 6 to 8 at SMX Convention Center Hall 3! Get your summer essentials from trendy tops, woven bags, swimsuits, to shades, makeup, and a lot of accessories.
For those cold summer nights where you feel like shopping after a long day, Circuit Summer Night Market at the Circuit Makati open parking lot should be your go-to. The night market is open all Saturday-Sundays of April from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Now showing in cinemas
- Ready Player One
- Pacific Rim Uprising
- Never Not Love You
- A Wrinkle in Time
- My Perfect You
- A Quiet Place, April 11
- Avengers: Infinity War, April 27
Theatre and Musicals
From April 4 to 21, the Ateneo Blue Repertory will be presenting Rent the Musical at the Rizal Mini Theatre in Ateneo de Manila University. This classic musical follows the lives of poor artists struggling in New York City who made choices that changed their lives drastically. Grab your tickets now!
Sa Wakas, A Pinoy Rock Musical is a musical theatre production based on the music from one of the country’s most beloved rock bands, Sugarfree. It follows the timeless story of love and heartache with a blend of Pinoy pop rock and theatre in one groundbreaking performance. Sa Wakas will run from April 7 to May 27, get your tickets here.
Good news to those who haven’t seen the Lion King Musical: they’ve extended their dates! Due to sold out performances, The Lion King Manila has added two more weeks to their Manila season and will now be performing until May 20. Now’s your chance to buy tickets to the international tour everybody’s been raving about!
Gigs and Concerts all over the city
A Day with Paraluman, April 7, Everest Sky Pitch Tagaytay
- Featuring artists: The Ransom Collective, Reese Lansangan, BennyBunnyBand, Tom’s Story, Lola Amour, Oh, Flamingo!
Manila Next, April 14, Cove Manila
- Featuring artists: Nadine Lustre, Gabbi Garcia, King WAW, Kiana Valenciano, Donny Pangilinan, Claudia Barretto, Poor Taste, Fern., Ace Ramos, Patty Tiu, Rammy Bitong, MVRXX
Rapsa Marikina Festival 2018, April 13, Marikina Sports Center
- Featuring artists: Parokya ni Edgar, Ex Battalion, Ben&Ben, The Ransom Collective
Sandwich: Under the Glow of the Satellite, 20th Anniversary Concert, April 13, Metrotent Pasig City
Red Ninja Year 9 Fest, April 14, B-Side Makati
- Featuring artists: Assembly Generals, Ben&Ben, Carlos Castaño, Carousel Casualties, Clara Benin, December Avenue, Dicta License, Ebe Dancel, Keiko Necesario, Lions & Acrobats, Oh, Flamingo!, Over October, Pedicab, Run Dorothy, Runway Crimes, She’s Only Sixteen, TheSunManager, The Morning Episodes, Tom’s Story
Record Store Day Pilipinas, April 21, UP Town Center
- Featuring artists: Ely Buendia, Itchy Worms, The Ransom Collective, One Click Straight, Apartel, Jun Lopito, Tarsius, Rob & the Hitmen, Humanfolk, Coeli, Farewell Faiweather, Ourselves the Elves, Blue Jean Junkies, La Loba Negra, The Black Vomits, Big Hat Gang, Stylus Council
Chroma Music Festival, April 7, Globe Circuit Events Ground
- Featuring DJs: Rave Radio, Skytek, Teddy Cream, Mashd N Kutcher, and many more!
LANY, April 5-6, Araneta Coliseum
Ed Sheeran, April 8, MOA Concert Grounds
Zedd, April 13, Cove Manila
The Script, April 14, MOA Arena
Got anything else to add? Share it with us below!