The One Month Weekend Travel Plan Challenge (Part 2)
One trip for every weekend of the month!
by Gene Loves Acosta | May 30, 2016
If you’ve always wanted to have a fun weekend or do something new and exciting at least once a week, just make it happen. There’s no better way to answer Monday’s question “How was your weekend?” than a story of how you ticked off something in your bucket list anyway. Are you ready for a new experience?
WEEK 1 – Capas ATV Adventure Ride
Mt. Pinatubo Offroad Trail, Capas, Tarlac | Travel time is around 3 hours | Facebook
They say that life is a daring adventure or nothing at all. Welcome the month with a thrilling tour and feel the adrenaline rush as you blaze your way through lahar trails with the breathtaking Capas scenery as the backdrop.
The exciting water-plunging ATV experience will feed your hunger for speed with options to take the 2-wheel or 4-wheel drive. Always with safety in mind, instructions will be given so even first-timers can confidently drive the ATVs (Don’t worry. It’s basically just a more advanced bump car!). You’ll even have guides who can capture your ATV experience by request.
- From Manila, take a bus bound for Dagupan, Lingayen or even Baguio (make sure it will pass by Capas Tarlac intersection).
- Alight at Capas then hire a tricycle going to Capas ATV Adventure.
WEEK 2 – Sombrero Island, Mabini, Batangas
Travel time is around 2-3 hours from Manila
Weekend warriors who are looking for a quick beach weekend getaway usually end up in Laiya and Nasugbu, but Batangas also have a lot of other beaches perfect for those who are seeking for peace of mind. One of them is Sombrero Island located just 30-minutes boat ride from the shore of Anilao. The hat-shaped island has a short stretch of white sand beach but camping is still plausible.
Tip: It’s usually just a side trip after a quick and easy trek to Mt. Gulugod Baboy (which you can do if you fancy a hike) but you can also stay overnight and fall in love with the island’s rugged charm.
- Take a bus bound for Batangas port.
- From there, take a jeepney to Mabini where you can hire a boat going to the island.
WEEK 3 – Camp N Nuvali
Nuvali Sta. Rosa Laguna | Travel time is around 1 hour
The 6-hectare parcel is Nuvali’s premier outdoor adventure destination perfect for fun bonding activities. Things to do in the area include the Adventure Tower (the biggest rollercoaster zipline in Asia, free fall, climbing wall, and rappel wall), Obstacle Courses (basic, intermediate, and advanced), Aerial Walk, and Low Ropes and High Ropes. For kids, they also have strider play areas and camping groups. Part of the challenge is finishing all the activities to get the stickers that you can put in your “Camp N Passport”.
- From Manila, ride a bus in LRT Taft Pasay with a signboard Balibago and hop off at Balibago Complex Santa Rosa, Laguna.
- From there, take the jeepney going to Tagaytay located at the back of the main market then ask the driver to drop you off at Nuvali.
WEEK 4 – Taal Volcano Trek
Travel time is around 1-2 hours from Manila
If you enjoy the view from afar, then you must love it even more up close. Taal Volcano is a true wonder with it having the world’s largest island within a lake, on an island within a lake, on an island (You read that right!). The 45-minute hike is easy and even inexperienced mountaineers can do it. You can even reach the crater by riding a horse. There are tour packages offered to do the Taal Volcano trek so you can effortlessly plan a stress-free trip anytime.
While in Tagaytay, you can also check out obscure Tagaytay restaurants especially if you want to veer away from the city crowd.
- From Manila, take a bus bound for Tagaytay City, Nasugbu or Balayan and then hop off at the jeepney terminal bound for People’s Park (located before the rotunda).
- Take the jeepney going to People’s Park and alight at Ligaya Drive.
- From there, you can either take a jeepney or tricycle going to Talisay Batangas where you can rent a small boat to take you the volcano island.
Missed our first travel challenge? Read here.
Also check out:
Beachfront Resorts in Batangas That You Can Visit This Weekend
Top Road Trip Destinations near Manila
4 Beautiful White Beaches near Metro Manila
12 Mountains near Manila for Newbie-Friendly Day Hikes
6 of the Hippest Places to Stay in Baler
Post a Comment