Alert Level 2: Pandemic Travel Guidelines in the Philippines
In areas under Alert Level 2, trips to the casino will have to wait. But cinephiles can watch films in a movie house!
by WindowSeat.ph | March 16, 2022
Still not sure about what is and isn’t allowed in areas under Alert Level 2? Learn more about Alert Level 2 protocols, travel guidelines, and more here.
This article was originally published on March 10, 2022. It was last updated on March 16, 2022.
Which areas are under Alert Level 2?
These are the areas under Alert Level 2 from March 16 to 31, 2022:
- Cordillera Administrative Region: Benguet, Ifugao, and Mountain Province
- Region 2: Nueva Vizcaya
- Region 4-A: Quezon and Rizal
- Region 4-B: Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, and Palawan
- Region 5: Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Masbate, and Sorsogon
- Region 6: Antique, Iloilo, and Negros Occidental
- Region 7: Bohol, Cebu Province, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City, and Negros Oriental
- Region 8: Eastern Samar, Leyte, Northern Samar, Southern Leyte, and Western Samar
- Region 9: City of Isabela, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga del Norte, and Zamboanga Sibugay
- Region 10: Bukidnon, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte, Misamis Occidental, and Misamis Oriental
- Region 11: Davao De Oro, Davao Del Sur, Davao Del Norte, Davao Oriental, and Davao Occidental
- Region 12: General Santos City, North Cotabato, Sarangani, South Cotabato, and Sultan Kudarat
- Region 13 (Caraga): Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, and Dinagat Islands
- Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao: Basilan, Maguindanao, Sulu, Tawi-Tawi, Cotabato City, and Lanao Del Sur
Alert Level 2 Protocols
Travel and transportation
Intrazonal and interzonal travel shall be allowed. However, LGUs are entitled to impose reasonable restrictions.
What is intrazonal and interzonal travel?
Intrazonal travel refers to the movement across areas with the same set of quarantine classification. On the other hand, interzonal travel refers to the movement across areas under different quarantine classifications.
Establishments and activities
The following establishments and activities shall operate at a maximum of 50% indoor venue capacity for fully vaccinated individuals and those below 18 (even if not vaccinated). Outdoor venue capacity shall be at 70%:
- Venues for meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions (MICE);
- Permitted venues for social events such as parties, wedding receptions, engagement parties, wedding anniversaries, debut and birthday parties, family reunions, and bridal or baby showers;
- Visitor or tourist attractions such as libraries, archives, museums, galleries, exhibits, parks, plazas, public gardens, scenic viewpoints or overlooks, and the like;
- Amusement parks or theme parks;
- Recreational venues such as internet cafes, billiard halls, amusement arcades, bowling alleys, skating rinks, archery halls, swimming pools, and similar venues;
- Cinemas and movie houses;
- Limited face-to-face or in-person classes for basic education subject to prior approval of the Office of the President;
- Limited face-to-face or in-person classes for higher education and for technical-vocational education and training;
- In-person religious gatherings; gatherings for necrological services, wakes, inurnment, and funerals for those who died of causes other than COVID-19 and for the cremains of the COVID-19 deceased;
- Licensure or entrance/qualifying examinations administered by their respective government agency, and specialty examinations authorized by the IATF subject to the health and safety guidelines as approved by the IATF;
- Dine-in services of food preparation establishments such as kiosks, commissaries, restaurants, and eateries, subject to DTI sector-specific protocols;
- Personal care establishments such as barbershops, hair spas, hair salons, and nail spas, and those offering aesthetic/cosmetic services or procedures, make-up services, salons, spas, reflexology, and other similar procedures including home service options, subject to the sector-specific protocols of the DTI;
- Fitness studios, gyms, and venues for individual non-contact exercise and sports; Provided that patrons/clients and workers/employees wear face masks at all times and subject to DTI sector-specific protocols.
- Film, music, and television production subject to the joint guidelines as may be issued by the DTI, DOLE, and the DOH;
- Contact sports approved by the LGU where such games shall be held;
- Funfairs/peryas or kid amusement industries such as playgrounds, playroom, and kiddie rides;
- Venues with live voice or wind-instrument performers and audiences such as in karaoke bars, clubs, concert halls, and theaters; and
- Gatherings in residences with individuals not belonging to the same household.
What is prohibited?
Casinos, horse racing, cockfighting and operation of cockpits, lottery and betting shops, and other gaming establishments shall not be allowed to operate, or be undertaken in areas classified under Alert Level 2, unless authorized by the IATF or the Office of the President.
Government agencies and organizations shall remain fully operational and adhere to at least 80% of the on-site workforce.
The off-site workforce shall be subject to alternative work arrangements as approved by the head of the agency. Rules and regulations issued by the Civil Service Commission (CSC) shall be observed.
The pandemic situation is still evolving and area restrictions are subject to change. Learn more about COVID-19 alert levels in the Philippines: