Alert Level 3: Pandemic Travel Guidelines in the Philippines
Though many establishments and activities are not permitted under Alert Level 3, Pinoys can still travel under this stricter COVID-19 area classification.
by WindowSeat.ph | March 10, 2022
The stricter Alert Level 3 is usually implemented due to spikes in COVID-19 infections. Learn more about this alert level classification in the Philippines here.
Which areas are under Alert Level 3?
There are currently no areas classified under Alert Level 3.
Alert Level 3 Protocols
Travel and transportation
Intrazonal and interzonal travel shall be allowed. However, LGUs are entitled to impose reasonable restrictions.
What is intrazonal and interzonal travel?
Intrazonal travel refers to the movement across areas with the same set of quarantine classification. On the other hand, interzonal travel refers to the movement across areas under different quarantine classifications.
Establishments and activities
What establishments and activities are NOT allowed under Alert Level 3?
The following establishments and activities are considered high-risk for transmission and shall not be allowed to operate:
- Face to face or in-person classes for basic education, except those previously approved by the IATF and/or the Office of the President;
- Contact sports, except those conducted under a bubble-type setup as provided for under relevant guidelines adopted by the IATF, Games and Amusement Board, and Philippine Sports Commission, and approved by the LGU where such games shall be held;
- Funfairs/peryas and kid amusement industries such as playgrounds, playroom, and kiddie rides;
- Venues with live voice or wind-instrument performers and audiences such as in karaoke bars, clubs, concert halls, and theaters;
- Casinos, horse racing, cockfighting and operation of cockpits, lottery and betting shops, and other gaming establishments except as may be authorized by the IATF or the Office of the President;
- Gatherings in residences with individuals not belonging to the same household.
What establishments and activities ARE allowed under Alert Level 3?
The following establishments and activities shall operate at a maximum of 30% indoor venue capacity for fully vaccinated individuals. Outdoor venue capacity shall be at 50%:
- Venues for meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions (MICE);
- Permitted venues for social events such as parties, wedding receptions, engagement parties, wedding anniversaries, debut and birthday parties, family reunions, and bridal or baby showers;
- Visitor or tourist attractions such as libraries, archives, museums, galleries, exhibits, parks, plazas, public gardens, scenic viewpoints or overlooks, and the like;
- Amusement parks or theme parks;
- Recreational venues such as internet cafes, billiard halls, amusement arcades, bowling alleys, skating rinks, archery halls, swimming pools, and similar venues;
- Cinemas and movie houses;
- Limited face-to-face or in-person classes for higher education and for technical-vocational education and training;
- In-person religious gatherings; gatherings for necrological services, wakes, inurnment, and funerals for those who died of causes other than COVID-19 and for the cremains of the COVID-19 deceased;
- Licensure or entrance/qualifying examinations administered by their respective government agency, and specialty examinations authorized by the IATF subject to the health and safety guidelines as approved by the IATF;
- Dine-in services in food preparation establishments such as kiosks, commissaries, restaurants, and eateries, subject to DTI sector-specific protocols;
- Personal care establishments such as barbershops, hair spas, hair salons, and nail spas, and those offering aesthetic/cosmetic services or procedures, make-up services, salons, spas, reflexology, and other similar procedures including home service options, subject to the sector-specific protocols of the DTI;
- Fitness studios, gyms, and venues for non-contact exercise and sports, subject to DTI sector-specific protocols. Provided that patrons/clients and workers/employees wear face masks at all times and that no group activities are conducted;
- Film, music, and television production, subject to the joint guidelines as may be issued by the DTI, DOLE, and the DOH.
Government agencies and organizations shall remain fully operational and adhere to at least 60% of on-site workforce.
Off-site workforce shall be subject to alternative work arrangements as approved by the head of the agency. Rules and regulations issued by the Civil Service Commission (CSC) shall be observed.
Individuals under 18 years old and the vulnerable population
Individuals under 18 years old and those belonging to the vulnerable population shall be allowed access to obtain essential goods and services.
They shall also be allowed to work in permitted industries and offices providing that they adhere to labor laws, rules, and regulations.
Individual outdoor exercises shall also be allowed regardless of age and comorbidities.
The pandemic situation is still evolving and area restrictions are subject to change. Learn more about COVID-19 alert levels in the Philippines: