BOOKMARK: Cebu Travel Requirements for Tourists or Non-Essential Travelers
These are guidelines for leisure or non-essential travel.
by Ina Louise Manto | August 19, 2021
From August 16 to 31, 2021, Cebu is under General Community Quarantine with Heightened Restrictions, which means travel is allowed even for tourists. Whether you’re looking for your next work-from-paradise location or want to go on a quick getaway after the Metro Manila ECQ, here are Cebu travel requirements for non-essential travel:
Beginning August 18, 2021, all persons, APOR or non-APOR, entering the Province of Cebu through any airport shall be required to present either:
- A negative RT-PCR test result taken within the last 72 hours
- A negative Antigen Test Result taken within the last 48 hours
Other requirements include a valid identification card and a medical certificate.
Tourists entering Cebu City must present the following:
- Negative RT-PCR test result taken three days from the date of travel
- A Safe, Swift, and Smart Passages (S-Pass) Registration. You can register here.
- Travel Coordination Permit or Travel Thru Permit QR Code, which you can acquire at the S-Pass website as well
- Letter of Acceptance from the barangay of destination
Lapu-Lapu City (Mactan)
The city of Lapu-Lapu is under Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) from August 16 to 31, 2021. Domestic travelers no longer need to present Acceptance Letters, Travel Authority, a Negative RT-PCR Test result, Medical Certificates, and other travel documents provided:
- Individual does not exhibit any symptoms and passes the symptoms screening tests in ports of entry and exit in Lapu-Lapu City
- Individual shall wear face mask and face shield, observe physical distancing, comply with contact tracing requirements, and other public health standards mandated in Lapu-Lapu City
- Hotels and resorts shall implement health assessment and contact tracing measures before tourists are allowed entry into these establishments
Mandaue City is Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) from August 16 to 31, 2021. Its Local Government Unit requires tourists to present the following:
- Government-issued ID or Proof of Identification
- Confirmed hotel booking or accommodation
- Travel itinerary
- Must pass symptom screening at ports of entry and exit
These documents must be submitted prior to travel to the city of Mandaue through the City Tourism office: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email reply confirming the receipt of the submitted documents. A Certificate of Acceptance or Travel Authority is no longer required to be allowed entry to Mandaue City.
For more information and updates regarding travel documents needed, visit Mandaue City’s official website.
Before and during travel, don’t forget to follow the official websites and social media pages of each city to avoid missing out on important travel announcements and changes. Always follow health and safety protocols!