PSA: Passport Appointments at NCR Consular Offices Are Suspended During ECQ
Only one NCR branch will operate from August 6 to 20, 2021.
by Ina Louise Manto | August 02, 2021
As the National Capital Region will be put to Enhanced Community Quarantine again from August 6 to 20, 2021, establishments will revert to limited operations, including passport and authentication appointments at DFA Consular Offices.
DFA operations in ECQ
As announced on their Facebook page, the Department of Foreign Affairs will only accommodate those who have a booked Passport and Authentication appointment at the DFA branch in Aseana Business Park, Parañaque City. Walk-ins will not be accommodated.
All other DFA Consular Offices, including the newly-opened Temporary Off-Site Passport Services (TOPS) in the National Capital Region, will be temporarily closed during the ECQ period.
How can I reschedule my affected passport appointment?
The DFA opened Temporary Off-Site Passport Services (TOPS) locations across NCR in July, which opened more than 175,000 slots until September 2021. If you successfully booked a schedule but yours fall between August 6 and 20, 2021, here’s what you should do:
- Wait for an e-mail from DFA regarding your new passport appointment schedule.
- If you have an emergency and urgent medical travel needs, you may send an e-mail request to email@example.com with copies of your current passport or government-issued IDs (for new applicants) and documentary proof of your emergency travel.
A booked flight is not considered a valid urgency. The DFA also advises not to book flights prior to obtaining valid passports as they should be valid for at least six months upon travel.
For affected authentication appointments
All appointments scheduled at Consular Offices in the following sites from August 6 to 20, 2021 will be accommodated at DFA Aseana:
- Ali Mall Cubao
- SM Manila
- SM Megamall
- Metro Gaisano Alabang
The original date and time of appointments shall be followed.
How to request for early Authentication or Apostille appointment
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments:
- Documents to be authenticated
- Current passports or valid government-issued IDs
- Proof of urgency
Which valid government-issued IDs are accepted?
The following government-issued IDs are accepted for Philippine Passport Application and Authentication:
- Social Security System (SSS) card
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) card
- Unified Multi-Purpose Identification (UMID) card
- LTO Driver’s License; Student Permit is also accepted if in card format
- Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) E-card
- COMELEC Voter’s ID or Voter’s Certificate issued from COMELEC main office in Intramuros, Manila
- PNP Permit to Carry Firearms Outside Residence
- Senior citizen ID
- Airman License (issued August 2016 onwards)
- Philippine Postal ID (issued November 2016 onwards)
- Seafarer’s Record Book (issued February 2020 onwards) by the Maritime Industry Authority
- Valid or latest passport (for renewal of passport)
For minor applicants, a School ID or Certificate of Enrolment with photo of minor and dry seal of school may be presented.