Windowseat Tunes: A Playlist for Women Wanderers Going Solo
Here's the soundtrack of your life-changing trip.
by Therese Aseoche | September 29, 2016
Going on a trip alone and looking for the perfect music that will help you power through your trip? Listen to this playlist of songs by women to inspire every part of your journey—all the good, the bad, and the empowering—as a solo female backpacker on the trail of wonder and adventure.
1. “Brave” by Sara Bareilles
Play this when: you need motivation to conquer your fears.
2. “Pack-Up” by Eliza Doolittle
Play this when: you need a little push to actually get up and leave your hometown.
3. “Summer” by Cheats
Play this when: you’re ready to explore the new city.
4. “Put Your Records On” by Corinne Bailey Rae
Play this when: you need soothing after a stressful experience.
5. “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child
Play this when: you got yourself in deep sh*t, but managed to come out alive.
6. “Drove Me Wild” by Tegan and Sara
Play this when: a charming stranger sweeps you off your feet.
7. “Wings” by Little Mix
Play this when: you’re sick of hearing people discouraging you from traveling alone because you’re a girl.
8. “Get Lost” by Icona Pop
Play this when: you’re satiating your thirst for spontaneity and thrill.
9. “Lost and Found” by Katie Herzig
Play this when: you’re trying to find yourself.
10. “Shake it Out” by Florence + The Machine
Play this when: your anxieties are getting the best of you.
11. “Pony (It’s OK)” by Erin McCarley
Play this when: you’re starting to feel lonesome.
12. “Morning Swim” by Turbogoth
Play this when: you’re relaxing on the beach.
13. “Come Away with Me” by Norah Jones
Play this when: you’re missing friends and family.
14. “Air Balloon” by Lily Allen
Play this when: you feel proud about your solo adventures.
15. “Landslide” by Dixie Chicks
Play this when: nostalgia starts to hit you on the plane ride home, and when you start reflecting on how this trip has changed you.
What other songs do want to be on your travel playlist? Share them with us!
Post a Comment