The World’s First ‘Frozen’ Themed Land Is Opening in HK Disneyland on November 20
Time to rekindle your inner child.
by Ina Louise Manto | September 12, 2023
Hong Kong remains a favorite travel destination for Pinoys, especially for family travelers. There are plenty of attractions that both children and adults would enjoy, such as Disneyland, where your inner child will be awakened. On November 20, the highly anticipated, world’s first and largest Frozen-themed land, World of Frozen, will open its gates at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Enter the world of Frozen
Inspired by the Walt Disney Animation Studios’ films, Frozen and Frozen 2, which are among the biggest animated films of all time, World of Frozen will transport guests to the cinematic and living land – Arendelle. Guests will delve into this immersive travel destination, with its captivating stories, beloved characters, culture, stunning landscapes, enchanting music, and cutting-edge technology for the first time in forever by celebrating Summer Snow Day and enjoying fun-filled attractions such as Frozen Ever After and Wandering Oaken’s Sliding Sleighs.
Michael Moriarty, managing director of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, said: “World of Frozen is set to make its grand debut at Hong Kong Disneyland on November 20, marking an exciting milestone for the park’s expansion. This beloved franchise will elevate Hong Kong Disneyland’s global presence. We are excited to offer our guests an enchanting and immersive experience, where they can explore the captivating wonders of Arendelle.”
Here’s what to look forward to
World of Frozen puts a number of iconic scenes in the “Frozen” movies to life. Some of its signature spots include the North Mountain, with its peak as the highest point in Arendelle; the Ice Palace where Elsa unleashes her icy powers freely for the first time; Arendelle Castle, home of the royal family; the Bay of Arendelle, featuring the small fishing boat that Anna fell on when she met Prince Hans; Clock Tower where Anna danced with Prince Hans; and Friendship Fountain where Elsa uses her magical powers to freeze its water into beautiful snowflake ornamentations.
Guests can also immerse themselves in the joy of the Summer Snow Day celebration by taking a Frozen Ever After journey to meet Elsa at her Ice Palace that is open to all for the first time, embarking on a wondrous adventure on Wandering Oaken’s Sliding Sleighs, enjoying a unique interactive play experience with Anna and Elsa at Playhouse in the Woods.
To prepare for the Summer Snow Day celebration, guests can immerse in the enchanting festivities with a special outfit. Wear rosemaling patterned clothes, add glittering ice-inspired face paint, and style the hair like Elsa or wear a cape like Anna to show the love for the royal sisters.
No visit to Arendelle would be complete without indulging in its exquisite cuisine and exploring its charming shops, which are deeply rooted in Nordic history and culture. Do not miss Golden Crocus Inn and Bayside Wharf for a taste of local delicacies inspired by traditional Nordic dishes, grab a bite at Forest Fare or sweet treats at Northern Delights.
Visit Tick Tock Toys & Collectibles and Traveling Traders for a delightful shopping experience, where guests can find the perfect souvenirs to bring home cherished memories. Complete the magical Arendelle journey by staying at one of the enchanting resort hotels and participate in themed recreation activities that will make the Arendelle experience truly unforgettable.
Pushing the boundaries of creativity to bring “Frozen” to life
World of Frozen is the next level of immersive storytelling like never before. The world-class expertise of Walt Disney Imagineering pushed the boundaries of creativity to bring Arendelle, the home of Anna and Elsa, to life through extensive research with inspiration from Norway.
Michel Den Dulk, executive creative director at Walt Disney Imagineering, stated: “I am excited to see this project come to life. This idea started as a sketch seven years ago and has since transformed into a beautiful land that will enchant guests with magical experiences! The collaborative efforts across disciplines have made World of Frozen a reality, creating unforgettable memories that will last for a lifetime.”
- Perfectly blends the unique natural landscape of Hong Kong – World of Frozen seamlessly integrates with Lantau Island’s natural landscape and the design of North Mountain, providing guests with expansive views of both. The seamless transition between artificial landforms and natural surroundings embraces guests entirely in World of Frozen.
- Integrates inspiration from Norway to create a must-visit travel destination – Inspired by Norway the themed land features a town that allows guests to discover Arendelle. The scenery, architectural design, clothing and cuisine, are all infused with rich Norwegian elements, including “dragestil” (dragon style) architectural style, Balestrand’s asymmetrical architecture, and rosemaling floral decorative paintings.
- Dances between reality and magic through enchanting music – The team worked with award-winning composer, Andrew Cottee, to rearrange the iconic music from the movies for World of Frozen, with various tunes played in different locations throughout the land, to tell stories with strong emotional connections. The cinematic music builds the perfect ambience for guests to feel the story of “Frozen” with different senses.
- Re-creates cinematic features with meticulous craftsmanship and extensive research – Disney Imagineers spent over three years in concept and design, working in partnership with artists and storytellers from Walt Disney Animation Studios, to accurately depict cinematic features in World of Frozen. The team analyzed ice textures, colors, and how these relate to Elsa’s emotions to recreate her Ice Magic. Attention was paid to every detail including various forms of ice and snow, and different materials were studied and experimented to truly represent the Ice Palace and icy ornaments.
- Brings “Frozen” characters to life through advanced technology – Frozen Ever After at Hong Kong Disneyland features Walt Disney Imagineering’s most advanced, fully-electric Audio-Animatronics® figures, which bring to life characters like Anna, Elsa and Kristoff with amazing realism.
Amanda Chiu, senior producer at Walt Disney Imagineering Asia, stated: “Bringing our characters to life, featuring our unique, state-of-the-art Audio-Animatronics® figures, is a thrilling aspect of this project. It is a great testament to the amazing talents at Walt Disney Imagineering who made the impossible possible. We share the same goal with Walt Disney Animation Studios to create incredible entertainment for people of all ages, using innovative technology to tell a compelling, heartfelt story like never before.”
Hong Kong Disneyland ticket prices
A 1-day ticket pass costs HK$639 (approx. PHP 4,618) available on the Hong Kong Disneyland website.
Hong Kong Disneyland is thrilled to announce the appointment of Klook as the designated booking platform for the highly anticipated launch of World of Frozen-themed products in the Philippines, Thailand, and Singapore. As part of this exciting collaboration, a series of unique World of Frozen experiences and products will be made available exclusively on Klook Travel. This collaboration will enable the resort to continue enchanting fans worldwide with Disney magic. Inviting guests to embark on a journey to the kingdom of Arendelle, and become part of the beloved Frozen story, found only at Hong Kong Disneyland.
Guests who book through Klook Travel will have the exclusive opportunity to be among the first to explore World of Frozen with a special hotel package on November 4, 2023, before its official gate opens on November 20, 2023. In addition, guests can also purchase the “One-Day Ticket with Early Park Entry Pass” to enjoy a hassle-free experience. Passholders can enjoy early park entry, allowing them access to the park 1 hour before the official opening time. To learn more details, please visit https://www.klook.com/
This is a press release. Minor changes have been made by the WindowSeat.ph editorial staff.
Looking for other places to explore? Join WindowSeat.ph’s official Facebook community What’s Your Trip PH for more recos!