PSA: The New Korean Visa Application Center in BGC Is Now Operational
You need to prepare a PHP 900 service fee.
by Ina Louise Manto | August 30, 2023
Gearing up for a winter holiday in South Korea? In case you missed it, all Korean visa applications will be processed at the new Korean Visa Application Center in BGC starting August 29. Here’s everything you need to know about it:
Korean Visa Application Center Manila
Located at 9F~10F, Brittany Hotel BGC, 6 McKinley Pkwy, BGC, Taguig, Metro Manila, the new Korean Visa Application Center Manila will begin processing ALL Korean visa applications beginning August 29.
However, visa applications for diplomatic passport holders, official passport holders, and those who require a visa urgently (within one to two days) due to humanitarian reasons will be exceptionally accepted at the embassy.
In a Facebook post, the Korean Embassy recommends avoiding visiting KVAC in the first week of its official operation, as heavy demand for applications is expected. If you have extra time on your hands, go for a later date instead!
The embassy also recommends going in the afternoon for the release of passports for smooth processing.
What are the tourist visa requirements?
Here are the visa requirements for Employed Individuals (C-3 Short-Term Visit):
- Application form
- 1 Passport-size colored picture
- Original passport
- Photocopy of passport bio-page
- Original and photocopy of valid visa/s and arrival stamps to OECD-member countries, if applicable
- Copy of PRC Card or IBP Card, if applicable
- Original Certificate of Employment, including applicant’s position, date hired, compensation, office address, and HR landline number and e-mail address
- Original Personal Bank Certificate, including account name, account number, account type, current balance, account opening date, and 6-month average balance (ADB)
- Bank Statement, original or certified true copy for the last 3 months
- Photocopy of ITR (Income Tax Return) or Form 2316
- Visa fee of PHP 2,000 for a 60 to 90-day stay in Korea
See the list of requirements for other visa types here.
How much will the visa processing cost?
The KVAC will collect a PHP 900 service fee per application.
How long is the processing period?
According to the embassy, the processing period for visa issuance depends on the daily number of applications received. It will be announced from time to time.
KVAC Manila is open on Mondays to Fridays from 9 AM to 5:30 PM. It’s closed during weekends, Philippine holidays, and Korean consulate holidays.
For more information and updates, visit KVAC Manila’s official website or follow the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the Philippines on Facebook. You may also call 02-8248-5440 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Looking for other places to explore? Join WindowSeat.ph’s official Facebook community What’s Your Trip PH for more recos!