PSA: You Can Win NT$5000 When You Travel to Taiwan
Free pocket money or accommodations.
by Ina Louise Manto | August 10, 2023
In case you missed it, Taiwan extended its visa-free entry for Filipino tourists until 2024. If that isn’t a sign to visit yet, foreign tourists also have a chance to win NT$5000 through Taiwan the Lucky Land Promo. Here’s everything you need to know about it:
Thousands to give away to tourists
To attract tourists, Taiwan Tourism Board launched Taiwan the Lucky Land Promo, which will give 500,000 tourists the chance to win NT$5000 (approximately PHP8,856) when they visit the country. The campaign, which started in May 1, 2023, will run until June 30, 2025, with up to 250,000 winners allotted for 2023.
There will be 150,000 winners in 2024, and the remaining 100,000 winners will be awarded in 2025.
Who can join the promo?
Taiwan the Lucky Land is open to foreign tourists staying in Taiwan for at least three days and up to 90 days.
Participants must not be members of group tours or have plans to apply to group-related ROC travel incentives.
What are the prizes?
If you’re lucky enough to win, you’ll be given two options:
- Pre-paid E-ticket cards – choose an EasyCard or iPASS, which you can use at affiliated stores in Taiwan. The former has a maximum single-use limit of NT$1,000 while the latter has a maximum of NT$1,000.
- Accommodation vouchers – each voucher is worth NT$1,000. It is non-transferable and can only be used by the winner. You can use these vouchers in partner hotels and B&BS.
How do I join the promo?
You may register at the official website one to seven days before your arrival in Taiwan. You’ll be asked to provide the following information:
Don’t forget to input your preferred travel prize option!
After successful registration, you will receive a QR code, which will be scanned at the airport.
Prize Draw and Redemption
There are kiosks in these airports in Taiwan, where your QR code will be scanned:
- Taoyuan International Airport
- Songshan International Airport
- Taichung International Airport
- Kaohsiung International Airport
Find the exact locations of these kiosks here.
If you win, present the following:
- Supporting documents such as your boarding pass or electronic round-trip tickets
For more information regarding the promo, visit this FAQ page.
Looking for other places to explore? Join WindowSeat.ph’s official Facebook community What’s Your Trip PH for more recos!