This 24-Garden Open Space in La Trinidad Should Be In Your Baguio Itinerary
Mount Costa is 30 minutes away from Baguio City.
by Kyzia Maramara | May 08, 2019
Residing in a bustling city such as Metro Manila, you are most likely searching for tranquility and peace away from the stress and crowds. Even a short weekend escape could do so much to boost your energy. Trust us when we say that a refreshing trip and stroll up north to Mount Costa is a worthwhile experience. It might even be the best part of your Baguio visit this summer.
PHP 350 – Adults
PHP 250 – Students with ID, Senior Citizens, PWD
FREE – Children 3yo and below
PHP 1000 – Green Living Room rental
- Allot at least 3 hours for visiting. When you get there you’ll want to stay longer at some interactive art installations or take beautiful photos by gardens.
- There are two trails: the Yellow Trail and Blue Trail. The Yellow Trail goes through gardens and the Blue Trail goes through the interactive spots. But don’t worry, you’ll have time to explore both trails.
- The gardens are senior citizen friendly with stairs and steps that only require baby steps but all the same, keep in mind that you’ll be walking and climbing stairs the entire visit.
- It’s best to come via a private car since public transportation is close to zero. Taxis and jeepneys are scarce. If you don’t have a private car, you might want to charter a taxi to wait for you.
- You can order a taxi from Mount Costa but it has a fixed price of Php 350.00.
Input ‘Mount Costa’ on Waze or Google Maps. The drive from Baguio City Proper will take at least 30 minutes.
Via Baguio City Proper – You can take a taxi but if you find it’s too expensive, you can go by jeep. From Baguio City to Mount Costa, go to Shagem St. (across Rose Garden, Burnham Park) and ride a ‘Long trip’ jeep that will take you all the way to Lamtang. Get off at Lamtang Irisan Cockpit. Ride a jeep with a sign ‘Puguis Junction’ then get off at Mount Costa.
Via La Trinidad – Take a jeep to Pico, Puguis Buyagan. Get off at Puguis Elementary School. At junction, take Lamtang Pico jeep then drop off at Mount Costa.