The WindowSeat.ph Holy Week Guide
Where to go in Manila, Rizal, Pampanga, Calabarzon, Baguio-Sagada, Cebu and Bacolod over the Holy Week.
by WindowSeat.ph | April 10, 2017
Traveling up north, down south or staying in Manila over the Easter holiday? Here’s list of things to do, see, eat, and where to stay.
Check out the guide for:
Okay, so everyone’s out posting photos at the beach. No biggie because you get to stay and enjoy the rare treat of Metro Manila’s less congested streets, and some relative peace and quiet.
Holy Week-related announcements and events
- Head over here to see The Philippine Star’s schedule of mall operations over the Holy Week.
- Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio G. Cardinal Tagle will be leading Lenten activities at the Manila Cathedral. Click here for the schedule, and here for the schedule of other parishes in Metro Manila.
- MRT, LRT and PNR operations will all be suspended from Maundy Thursday to Easter Sunday for maintenance and repairs.
- The number coding scheme will be lifted from Holy Wednesday (April 12) to Monday (April 17).
What to Do
Black Saturday (April 15):
- Katipunan Weekend Market, Quezon City
Easter Sunday (April 16):
- Switchfoot at the Walkway, Bonifacio Global City
- Easter Sunday Party, Makati Shangri-La
- Timeless Treasure: The Legend of the Golden Phoenix, Ayala Museum
- Egg-citing Party and Egg Hunt 2017, Fun Ranch, Ortigas
What to See
Where to Eat
These spots will be open on Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. For great Easter lunch deals, head over here.
- Denny’s Vista and Uptown Mall
- Din Tai Fung
- iHop BGC, Araneta and Mall of Asia
- Ramen Yushoken
- Rufo’s Tapa
Where to Stay
Want to go on a staycation? Tap here for a list of hotel deals in the Metro.