The WindowSeat.ph Holy Week Guide
Where to go in Manila, Rizal, Pampanga, Calabarzon, Baguio-Sagada, Cebu and Bacolod over the Holy Week.
by WindowSeat.ph | April 10, 2017
The religious practice in Pampanga during holy week remains to be as strong as ever where you’ll be able to see flagellants and people who get nailed on the cross. Spending the Holy Week in Pampanga will open your eyes to the true spirit of the season.
Apart from that, various activities can also be done which will definitely leave you coming back for Pampanga the second time around.
- Lasaning Guinu: Get to see flagellants at Santa Lucia in Pampanga during Maundy Thursday.
- Crucifixion on Good Friday: Get to see various crucifixions take place in San Pedro Cutud, San Juan and Santa Lucia.
- Santo Entierro Procession on Good Friday: Join locals and tourists alike at the 6 p.m. Santo Entierro in San Fernando.
- Salubong on Easter Sunday: Various salubongs are held around Pampanga such in Minalin at 4 a.m. where you can see an image of the Risen Christ.
What to Do
- Visit the Sandbox: Visit this unique outdoor getaway that you can enjoy with friends and family. From ATV rides, to outdoor archery – the Sandbox has something to offer for every age range. Click here for more details.
- Explore Zoocobia: Get to see live animals at Zoocobia where you can immerse yourself to an ecological experience like no other. Click here for more details.
- Drop by at El Kabayo: Get to experience what Wild Wild West feels like at El Kabayo where you can even ride on the horses to get a hands-on experience of a cowboy’s life. Click here for more details.
- Visit Air Force City Park: Get to see actual aircraft used during World War II. You can even climb on some of the aircraft to get a feel of what it’s like to be a pilot.
- See Dinosaurs at Dinosaur Island: Experience the dinosaur era with the life-size “dinosaurs” in Dinosaur Island. Click here for more details.
What to See
- Holy Rosary Church: Visit Holy Rosary Church or aptly known as Big Church. It was recently recognized as a national historical site.
- San Guillermo Parish Church: Named after the patron of Bacolor, Pampanga, this parish church was constructed in 1576, destroyed by an earthquake in 1880, and restored in 1886.
- Betis Church: Visit this baroque church which was established in 1607, and is dedicated to Saint James, the apostle. This church is also declared a National Cultural Treasure.
- Minalin Church: Like Betis Church, Minalin Church is baroque church built during the Spanish era and under the patronage of Saint Monica of Hippo. It was also declared as a National Cultural Treasure.
- Magalang Church: This 19th century baroque church is dedicated to Saint Bartholomew, it’s believed to have been built around 1725.
Where to Eat
- L.A. Bakeshop and Deli
MacArthur Hi-way, Dolores City of San Fernando, Pampanga
0916 262 3098
Their cheese bread is legendary. Enough for both locals and tourists to drive to the bakeshop for. Click here for more details.
- Aling Lucing Sisig
Sapang Buho Road,Barangay Dalig Antipolo
Get to try some authentic sisig at Aling Lucing Sisig. It will leave you craving for more. Click here for more details.
- 1956 Downtown Café by Bale Dutung
The Quad at Nepo, Nepo Complex, Angeles
0917 535 9198
This vintage style casual restaurant serves Kapampangan fusion dishes from Claude Tayag. Click here for more details.
- Café Fleur
L-463B Miranda Street, Barangay Sto. Rosario Angeles
0995 313 8413
Café Fleur is the perfect place for quirky desserts like the Brazo de Calamansi and Salted Egg Bibingka Cheesecake. Click here for more details.
- Everybody’s Cafe
2/F, Okinari Arcade Bldg along L. Sumulong Memorial Circle, San Roque, Antipolo
If you’re into the exotic side of Kapampangan cuisine, Everybody’s Café will have you munching on frogs and crickets. Click here for more details.
Where to Stay
- ABC Hotel
Don Juico Avenue (across SM Clark City) Malabanias, Angeles
0917 511 8685
Get world-class facilities at this unique luxury beach hotel. Click here for more details.
- Prado Farms
km 94 -95 Jose Abad Santos highway, Prado Siongco, Lubao
0920 903 0964
Spend the night at Prado Farms wake up to the cool breeze, and sights of carabaos grazing in the fields. Click here for more details.
- Park Inn by Radisson Clark
Manuel A. Roxas Avenue, SM City Clark, Clark Freeport Zone, Angeles City
Enjoy great rooms at decent prices at Park Inn by Radisson Clark. The hotel is strategically located near SM City Clark, too. Click here for more details.
- Red Planet
Don Juico Avenue, Malabanias, Angeles City
0928 627 8897 459 08 88
If you’re looking for good value for money, check out Red Planet. No-nonsense accommodations with good service. Click here for more details.
CM Recto Highway, Clark Freeport Zone, Pampanga
Have a laidback weekend with the city within a city vibe at Fontana. Click here for more details.
Check out the guide for: