The WindowSeat.ph Holy Week Guide
Where to go in Manila, Rizal, Pampanga, Calabarzon, Baguio-Sagada, Cebu and Bacolod over the Holy Week.
by WindowSeat.ph | April 10, 2017
The provinces of CALABARZON region promise nothing less than an immersive religious experience for tourists and devotees across the country. Witness the grand processions, unique Holy Week activities, and fun to-do’s in surrounding recreational areas that will make you want to come back again!
- Holy Week processions at Paete, Laguna: tourists and devotees come to watch or partake in the salubong on Holy Wednesday, and the Prusisyon ng Santo Entierro during Good Friday.
- San Pablo’s Good Friday Procession: it’s considered one of the largest and grandest processions in the country that’s been part of Laguna’s Holy Week traditions for half a century.
- Mass at the Basilica of St. Martin de Tours: don’t miss an opportunity to visit and hear mass at Asia’s largest and oldest Catholic Church.
- Pilgrimage to Tahanan ng Mahal na Señor: one of the focal points of Lucban’s Holy Week celebration is the Home of the Beloved Lord where the Santo Señor Sepulcro or image of the dead Christ is placed. Crowds take part in the Good Friday procession which features this image.
- Live Via Crucis at Cavite: watch one of the most-awaited Holy Week events in Cavite, the Live Via Crucis which is the entire story of the Passion of Christ performed right before your very eyes. It will be held San Roque Parish Church.
What to Do
- Sky Ranch Tagaytay: Bring your kids to Sky Ranch Tagaytay this Easter Sunday and join their Easter Adventure Challenge to take home lots of prizes! Plus, you have a chance to bring home a goodie basket when you buy PHP 800 worth of ride tickets.
- Make It Makiling! 2017: Get your friends to hike with you up Mount Makiling this Holy Week for this year’s Make It Makiling! event, an initiative by the UPLB Makiling Center for Mountain Ecosystems to control the crowd of campers this Holy Week. Visit this website for more details.
- Laiya Adventure Park: If it’s thrilling fun you’re after while on your staycation in Batangas, Laiya Adventure Park is the place to be! Spend the entire day ziplining, wall climbing, free falling, swimming, and more for just PHP 720. Visit its website or Facebook page for more details.
What to See
- Kamay ni Hesus: A popular pilgrimage site in Lucban, Quezon, this 5-hectare shrine has life-sized sculptures of characters from biblical passages and the Stations of the Cross, and a 50-foot statue of Jesus Christ atop a hill. It also features a church within the shrine where healing masses are often held.
- Quezon National Forest Park: Immerse yourself in the beauty and serenity of this park’s natural surroundings full of caves, waterfalls, springs, flora and fauna.
- Taal Lake and Taal Volcano: Explore the gem of Tagaytay either aboard boat or by taking an adventurous hike up to the volcano’s crater.
Where to Eat
- Twin Lakes: This places overlooks the scenic grasslands of Tagaytay and holds dining options like the newest branch of Bag of Beans. It’s open during regular operating hours this Holy Week.
- Solenad: Solenad, NUVALI is full of various dining and shopping options for every kind of traveler. Select restaurants will be open throughout the day.
- Patis Tito Garden Café: This restaurant in San Pablo, Laguna offers slow-cooked Filipino favorite meals using fresh and locally sourced ingredients from their garden. Indulge in their special Holy Week meals! Open from 8 A.M. to 6 P.M.
Where to Stay
- Club Balai Isabel
Fairways Drive, Brgy. Banga, Talisay, Batangas
(+63) 906 518 5491, (+63) 906 518 5494 | email@example.com
Located right along the shores of Taal Lake, Club Balai Isabel is the prime place for relaxed city living while on vacation. There are tons of things to do: lounge by the pool, go kayaking or sailing, or trek up the Taal Volcano. They’re also hosting a number of activities this Holy Week, including an Aqua Dance Workout, an Easter Egg Hunt for kids, and a themed Photo Contest. Click here to book now!
- Casa San Pablo
Barrio San Roque, San Pablo City, Laguna
(+632) 211 21 32, (+63) 920 967 5277 (+63) 917 812 6687 | firstname.lastname@example.org
This accommodation is nestled within San Pablo, Laguna which comes alive with processions and activities during the Holy Week.
- Abby’s Garden Resort
Aroma Beach, Butong, Taal, Batangas
(+6343) 706 42 20, (+63) 919 417 3603, (+63) 939 916 3480 | email@example.com
More than an events venue, Abby’s Garden Resort is a place to relax away from the clamor of the city. Book your Holy Week stay here and be surrounded by the peace and quiet.
- Island Cove Hotel and Leisure Park
Binakayan, Kawit, Cavite
(+632) 810 78 78, (+6346) 434 02 10
Treat your kids to a fun Holy Week getaway to one of the best resorts of the Philippines. With a variety of amenities including a waterpark, a KTV, and a spa, you’ll definitely feel rejuvenated and free of your worries. Click here to view their Holy Week rates.
- Villa Escudero Plantations and Resort
Villa Escudero, Km 91, Tiaong, Quezon
(+632) 523 03 92, (+632) 521 08 30, (+632) 523 29 44, (+63) 917 583 7727, (+63) 919 993 4744, (+63) 923 741 0605 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay in the midst of nature in this Eco-Tourism Resort that showcases the Philippines’ cultural heritage, situated within a self-contained working coconut plantation. Click this link to book now!
Check out the guide for: